Serving size: 2 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- ¾ cup silvered almonds
- 1 large egg white
- dash of salt
- ¾ maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups unsweetened flakes
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until light brown and fragrant. Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Beat egg whites and salt with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Mix in maple syrup or honey, ghee, vanilla, and coconut flakes.
- Place almonds in a food processor; process until finely ground. Gently fold ground almonds into beaten egg whites.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls 1 inch apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or just until lightly browned. Let cookies cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks, and let cool completely. Yield 2 dozen cookies.