Serves: 6 (1 cup per serving) Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup snow peas, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 3 eggs plus 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cooked jasmine brown rice or quinoa
- 2 cups cooked, shredded organic chicken
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons organic low-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add onion, carrot and snow peas. Sauté until veggies are hot and soft, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Move veggies to one side of the pan. Liberally coat the other side with oil spray and scramble the eggs, chopping them into bite-sized pieces.
- Once eggs are cooked, mix the eggs and veggies together. Add rice, chicken and scallions and mix.
- Add sesame oil and soy sauce, and mix thoroughly until everything is hot and rice is starting to crisp. Serve immediately.