Servings: 4 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, then fluff with a fork.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for a 1 minute or until tender. Add the shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink but are not cooked all the way through
- In a small bowl, whisk together the curry paste, coconut milk, lime juice, and fish sauce. Add the curry mixture to the skillet along with the snow peas, and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve the curry hot over the cooked rice, and sprinkle with cilantro.