Last Thursday, I got a chance to talk with my “mentor in my head” Jillian Michaels on her podcast show; won via a Fan Rewards program. My experience was a byproduct of putting what I wanted out in the universe, and it coming back to me. I made it a habit of declaring what I wanted, and if it is meant to be, it would come to pass.
Jillian has built a multi-million dollar business and she clearly stands out from her competitors in her business endeavors. I had the opportunity to ask her a question and I asked: What are the top 3 things that has helped you build your business to the success that it is today?
- Be passionate about what you are doing. Love what you do and never be driven by money. Strive for quality, not quantity; put out the best products to serve your clients.
- Do your research, and plan accordingly before you jump into anything. Action without information is a wrecking ball!!
- Be honest about your strengths and weaknesses. You can’t do it all so don’t be afraid to ask for help. And neglect the things that really don’t interest you. You don’t have to control everything.
I got a little greedy and asked another, I couldn’t help myself. I asked her for her advice on being an entrepreneur in the start up phase, pretty much living in a state of unknown and dealing with fear.
- To keep focused on WHY you are doing what you’re doing, and never lose sight of it. Are you happier now because you are able to operate in your passion and purpose and love what your doing?
- What happens if you do nothing? Fast forward to the end of your life. Are you going to live in regret because you didn’t act on what was in your heart? You only lose if you do nothing.
- With neglect comes decay. Doing nothing will manifest your worst case scenario (whatever that means to you.)
Since the call that statement “With neglect come decay” is pretty much engrained into my mind. I actually added it to my affirmations list. I’ve shared my journey to where I am now in my Huffington Post article, and I wouldn’t change a thing. The growth I’ve experienced through during this time is worth more than any consistent paycheck. I’m in a space where I help my clients get the results they’ve always desired and that’s what fuels me to continue to build the empire God has in store for me.
So my question to you is:
Are you in a space where you are happy and passionate about what you’re doing?
What’s “decaying” in your life that you keep putting off? Your health? Your relationships? Starting your own business? Finding a new job?
Whatever it is it’ll never go away, instead it will manifest into regret. Get moving and live your life to the fullest, you’ve only got one shot!
Podcast location: iTunes
Release Date: 10/28/13
Start time: Approx. 35:00 minute mark
Be sure to subscribe! Jillian and Janice are hilarious + they offer great content to transform your life.
*Some statements may have been paraphrased, and not verbatim.