Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt and black peppercorn to taste
- 16 large sea scallops, patted dry, tough muscles discarded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Rub olive oil, salt, and garlic onto Brussels sprouts, halved. Place in over and bake for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Season the scallops with ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black peppercorn. Cook until dark brown on the bottom, 1 to 2 minutes, and then flip and brown the other side, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.