Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot or non-gmo cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds grass-fed chuck steak or round steak, cut into this 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of arrowroot, 2 tablespoons of water and garlic powder. Mix until smooth. Add beef and toss.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
- Add broccoli and onion to the pan and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Return beef to the pan.
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and remaining arrowroot or non-gmo cornstarch and water. Mix until smooth. Add to the pan.
- Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. The sauce will thicken and coat the beef and broccoli.
- Eat as is or serve over brown rice (basmati preferably).