Serves: 4 | Prep time: 5 | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut steaks or fillets
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup steamed or boiled broccoli
- ½ cup brown rice
- To make the lemon-herb splash mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, basil, parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic, ground pepper and salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the skillet. Lightly rub the fish on each side with a little oil, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place fish in pan and cook 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Place the fish on plates, and splash each piece of fish with 1 tbsp. or more of the lemon-herb splash.
- Add halibut and broccoli to plate and serve with brown rice.