Serves: 1 Prep time: 2 minutes Cook time: 3 minutes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 slice Ezekiel toast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces white (or reishi) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon himalyan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, spinach, red peppers, onion, Italian seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Sauté the mixture for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mixture from the skillet and keep warm.
- Whisk together the eggs and remaining ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Tilt the pan to coat evenly with the egg.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the egg begins to set. Use a spatula to lift edges and allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook for 2 more minutes or until the egg is almost set.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top of the egg; spread the vegetable mixture of the feta cheese. Fold the omelet in half and cook for 1 more minute or until cheese softens and egg is cooked through.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and cut it in half before serving.