Serves: 6 (1 1/4 cups)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp. organic canola oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen organic baby corn cobs, thawed and halved crosswise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 hot red chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, optional
- ½ cup of basmati brown rice
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup mirin rice cooking wine
- 3 tbsp. reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot starch or organic cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare teriyaki sauce: In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients; whisk until combined and honey dissolves. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet on high, heat 1 tsp. canola oil, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Add chicken and sesame oil and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Transfer to bowl with chicken. Heat remaining 1 tsp. canola oil in wok, and add bell pepper and broccoli; stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
- Return chicken and any juice to wok. Add corn and teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, vegetables are tender-crisp and sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add chile pepper if desired (optional.)