Servings: 2 | Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- ½ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground better pepper
- 5 pasture-raised eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms, spinach, red peppers, onion, Italian seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Sauté the mixture for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove the mixture from the skillet and keep warm.
- Whisk together the eggs and remaining ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Add to skillet. Tilt the pan to coat evenly with the egg.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the egg begins to set. Use a spatula to lift edges and allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook for 2 more minutes or until the egg is almost set.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top of the egg; spread the vegetable mixture of the feta cheese. Fold the omelet in half and cook for 1 more minute or until cheese softens and egg is cooked through.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and cut it in half before serving.