Serves: 2-4 Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large organic zucchini, ends trimmed
- 2 heaping tablespoons of store bought pesto or homemade pesto
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped olives, black, green or kalamata
- zest of ½ lemon
- himalayan salt and black peppercorn to taste
- ¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- cherry tomatoes or green peas, optional
- 4-6 ounces of protein, optional
- Use a julienne peeler, mandolin, or spiralizer to slice the zucchini into noodles. Set aside on paper towels to absorb any excess water.
- Melt the extra-virgin oil in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; sauté until it softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini, then add the pesto and combine well.
- Continue sautéing until all the ingredients are warm.
- Stir in the olives and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with pecorino romano and serve.
Comment below! Have you tried zucchini noodles before?